Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Featured Artist: Zoe Stewart UK



1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

My name is Zoe Stewart, I am from Edinburgh but currently living in Yorkshire with my wonderful husband and cat. I work part time at a nursery and I sew every other minute of the day, and I love tea :)

2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?

The first thing is a Mother's Day card for my mum. I made it in nursery and it had a teapot on the front and I glued and celotaped a teabag to the inside as a gift for her, lmao. I don't think she drank it though.

3. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?

In the nursery we have a lot of imaginations, so I get kids to draw me pictures and then I sew things. That's how the long hearts came around, and the monsters. They think it's funny when they see one they drew all sewn up, and they help me name them too.

4. Why should people buy handmade?

Handmade is wonderful! And I think more of it should be bought. I am buying all my Christmas gifts from Etsy this year, all handmade, all made with love, and just for me. Buy something individual for a change.

5. Where do you think you'll be in five years?

In 5 years, if my Etsy doesn't work out how I think it should, I plan to be teaching, high school art. I would love to be a teacher but right now I love my sewing and 'what if' isn't an option later, I see myself still happily married and to have a baby or maybe 2 soon also, and more animals, and a new house in the country, and just to be happy, nothing more important. :)

Etsy Shop: http://zoestewartuk.etsy.com
Blog: http://zoestewart.blogspot.com

No comments: