Thursday, November 15, 2007
Featured Artist: Mommy and Me Boutique
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?
Paper dolls as a little girls, loved to draw the doll and make her little dresses;
3. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
I love color and fabric. I also try to keep up on the latest in fashion, what colors are showing, how style is used. I incorporate these ideas into my aprons and children's items.
4. Why should people buy handmade?
Each items is unique. You get the passion behind the artist and you know that each item is made with love, care, personal inspiration.
5. What is your favourite thing in your shop and why?
I think I enjoy making the aprons. There seems to be a trend among the younger women to wear them - for some practical purposes but mostly for the fun of it.
Etsy Shop: http://mommyandmeboutique.etsy.com