Sunday, November 25, 2007
Featured Artist: Contas Brasil
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
I am the third daughter from a family with 7 children!! My father is an Opthamologist and my mother has a Ballet school.
2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?
Knitting! When I was about 9, I saw my mother was knitting something and I became curious, so she taught me how to do it.
3. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
The beads and what is inside my mind!!
4. Why should people buy handmade?
Not everything handmade should be bought ONLY because its handmade. When it is a good piece, you recognize that personal touch from the artist and lots of love and energy that she put on it.
5. Creatively where do you think you'll be in five years?
If it depend on my effort, I hope I'll be creating a lot and selling to shops all over the world!!
Etsy Shop: http://contasbrasil.etsy.com
Etsy Shop: http://contascoeln.etsy.com