Monday, November 5, 2007
Featured Artist: earthcharms
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
Santa Rosa, CA and I love it here!
I love playing Scrabble with my friends and taking pictures of things people usually ignore.
2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?
I've always made things. My mother is very crafty and taught my sister and I how to use our imaginations and cultivate our creative eyes.
3. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
I have a muse that smacks me upside the head with ideas. They will come in a flash, then not leave my head until I make them. Sometimes they'll drive me crazy, like a song's chorus repeating in your head all day long!
4. Why should people buy handmade?
Every handmade piece has a soul. It was made with hope, and hope is something everyone needs more of!
5. What is your favourite thing in your shop and why?
Kyanite and tourmalated quartz are two of my huge weaknesses, so part of me really wants to keep this choker: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7498379
Etsy Shop: http://earthcharms.etsy.com