Friday, November 16, 2007
Featured Artist: Elektra Jewelry Design
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
Dina Cuomo-Goldens Bridge, New York -school teacher, mother of two sons.
2. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?
Gorgeous jewelry of Greece, Italy and many jewelry artisans. My ideas come from many sources.
3. What is the best thing you have ever created?
I have many pieces that I say are the best at the time, but then I'll make a new piece and love that one more than the last. One that stands out in my mind was a long pearl lariat piece with gorgeous silver connectors. I wanted to keep it for myself, but I sold it.
4. What is the best thing about your products?
The best thing about my pieces are the materials I use. I use sterling silver, semi-precious stones, gold vermeil, 14k gold filled findings and chain, Murano beads, swarovski, and lampwork beads. All my pieces are one of a kind. I do not duplicate designs.
5. Why should people buy handmade?
There is nothing like handmade for unique design and quality.
Etsy Shop: http://Elektrajewelry.etsy.com