Monday, November 26, 2007

Featured Artist: Indigo Luna



My name is Rachel Kitterman and I am an art addict. My primary passion is fabric and I have been making art quilts and dolls for over a decade now. I also love paper, altered art, mixed-media, knitting, crocheting, jewelry, artist books, photography... pretty much, if it will hold still, I'll make art out of it. Here you will find an ecclectic sampling of all the creative things I love to make.

I have always been an artist. I have always drawn, cut, pasted, painted, collected, sewn, written and dreamed. I have been driven by the question, “What if?” (and fighting against its archenemy, “That won’t work!”)

I also wear many other hats. Among other things, I am a sign language interpreter, an energy worker, a minister, a blogger, a wife to a wonderful and creative man, and a mother to two wild and amazing little girls. All of these roles shape and change and inform my art.

I am a 5th generation Oregonian. This lush and verdant environment is in my blood. I grew up in a valley surrounded by tree-covered hills and blessed with a great deal of rain. I memorized the names of flowers as a child. I picked basketsful of mushrooms in the damp woods and studied moss and built forts inside of blackberry thickets. After traveling the United States, I can’t imagine living anywhere else.

My work has appeared on the cover of the 2005 Quilting Arts Calender, in Artella Magazine, Art/Quilt Magazine, Fiberarts Design Book 6, as well as many juried shows.

I also write and I'd love it if you'd come by to check out my blog at http://indigoluna.typepad.com

Proud member of EarthPath Artisans Street Team E.A.S.T. Search for "east" to see other amazing goodies made by this talented team.

Etsy Shop: http://Indigoluna.etsy.com
Blog: http://indigoluna.typepad.com/indigo_luna/

No comments: