Friday, October 12, 2007

Featured Artist: ThatsHeadley



Self Representing Artist Jewelry Designer (SRAJD) #231

Member Art Jewelry Collective
Member Etsy Texas Crafters (ETC)

Smoke-free, kitty-friendly home and studio

That's Headley! Jewelry Designs is about a journey in wearable art in semiprecious gemstones, wire, and glass. Color, texture, balance, and richness are my design goals. I've been "beading" since junior high, and for the last couple of years have expanded my use of wire wrapping. I've also added silversmithing to my techniques. Silver is always bona fide sterling at the least, and sometimes fine (99.9% pure) silver.

I rarely make two pieces alike, because I like to have fun wearing jewelry, and seeing myself coming and going is not fun! Sometimes, though, when something comes out especially wonderful, I might make just a few to share the fun. I love to do custom work, too, so if you have something inspirational you would like to have a custom piece to wear with or to, send me a picture or description of what you would like, and we can be creative together!

My blog, where I put my newest creations and comment on life, the creative process, and other fabulous Etsy artists can be found at http://thatsheadley.blogspot.com

2 comments:

that's Headley! Jewelry Designs said...

thanks for the feature!

Giftbearer said...

Beautiful! Those wire-wrapped beaded flowers must be new. I don't remember seeing them the other day.