Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Featured Artist: AnneDundas
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
My name is Anne Dundas, I live in Sydney, Australia. I'm part of the Etsy Glass Artists (EGA) team, as well as the Down Under Street Team (DUST). I have been creating jewellery since early 2004. It quickly became a passion which helped fill the time while caring for my mum who has MS.
Jewellery then lead me to the wonderful world of lampwork beads. Yet another way to play with colours. It's such a thrill to play with molten glass watching it flow and form beautiful objects.
2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?
Ohhh as a child, I remember making a little sculpture out of clay from the yard lol It was similar to the Easter Island heads but it had a body with arms and legs too! I think I even painted it with green paint! I have no idea why I made it, must of just been in the mood to play with mud lol
3. What is your favourite thing in your shop and why?
Oh everything! I love everything in my shop because I put a piece of my heart into each piece.
4. Besides what you feature in your shop, do you plan to turn your creative mind elsewhere or what do you hope to do, creatively, next?
Well besides creating jewellery and lampwork beads, I also currently design business cards, etc for other designers. Other than that I dont think I'll be doing much else, I hardly have the time!
5. Who is your dream buyer? Brad Pitt, Queen Elizabeth.
Ohhhhh dream buyer... hmm maybe Nicole Kidman, she has a wide range of styles and I'm sure something from my jewellery range would suit her. But to be totally honest, my dream buyer would be someone that genuinely loves the item they purchase.
Etsy Shop: http://AnneDundas.etsy.com
Posted by CoconutPalmDesigns at 8:00:00 PM