Sunday, June 1, 2008

Featured Artist: Mystic Silks



Original Silk Art ~ Paintings ~ Scarves ~ Pillows

1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

Klaire, is my first name, I live in Warren, Ohio. I am the mother of four children, and eight grandchildren. I am an artist who enjoys the challenge, and creative process of working with silk art. I also enjoy creating visual art with oils, acrylics, and watercolors.

I am proud to be affiliated with: WWAO(WomensWorldWideArtistsOrginization); Bbest Team; VAST Team(Visual Artists Street Team); and with Interior Design Team on etsy.

2. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?

I find that the small unseen things in nature inspire me most. One of my silk paintings "Forest Flower and Friend" was inspired by a photo from National Geographic Magazine. The flower was so small, and the tiny spider that sat on one petal,would not normaly be seen by someone walking along a forest path, perhaps it would even be stepped on. Well, that photo inspired me to enlarge that flower and spider in a silk painting so that its beauty could be viewed more clearly.

Sometimes a song will inspire me: My most recent silk painting "Lonely Looking Sky", is inspired by a song of Neil Diamond, from his Jonathan Livingston Seagull album.

3. What is your favorite thing in your shop and why?

My favorite thing in my shop? All of them. Does a mother really have a favorite child? No, not really they are all loved and important to her. When I create, I feel as if that art work were an extension of myself. I care about the creations in my shop. And whoever purchases an item, I always send loving instructions with that item.

4. What is the best thing about your products?

The best feature about my products, is that each one is unique, and can never be duplicated.

5. What is the best homemade item you have ever bought?

I have yet to purchase the "best homemade item".

Etsy Shop: http://MysticSilks.etsy.com
Etsy Teams: Bbest; Vast; Interior Design; WWAO; Gallery United Team
Blog: http://mysticsilks.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Mystic Silks http:mysticsilks.etsy.com said...

I feel funny commenting on a blog about me, but I think it was wonderful of Joanne(CoconutPalmDesigns)to do this interview. Thank you so much!

Mystic Silks

woodsheddesigns said...

It was nice to read about you and to get to know you a little better.