Saturday, June 21, 2008
Featured Artist: DoSiDough
Handmade doughs, crayons & chalks for your handmade kid
1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).
I'm located in Sunny Arizona, and no, scorpions and gila monster are not everywhere in Arizona. Just for the record "Cholla" is pronounced "Choy-ah". Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm a wife, mom, Mary Kay consultant, and a bunch of other stuff. I do some public speaking from time to time and I'm told I can sing...but I'm not convinced.
2. Why should people buy handmade?
People should buy handmade because I said so. I worked in an independent business and a corporate business within the same field. Hands down: I'd rather work for the underdog. I say buy handmade to support the individual.
3. Besides what you feature in your shop, do you plan to turn your creative mind elsewhere or what do you hope to do, creatively, next?
I have several children's art supplies in the works. Some are very close to production! Other than that, I tend to putter around with all sorts of silly notions, but I don't sell any of that goofiness on Etsy. Only my family falls prey to that.
4. What is the best thing about your products?
I could say the color or texture or selection...but I think the neatest thing is that I leave my fingerprint in it to remind you that a real, live person made and touched this product.
5. What is the best homemade item you have ever bought?
I'm really digging my handmade shell necklace. Then again, I just ordered a re-purposed Coca Cola bottle. That's going to be pretty nifty too.
Etsy Shop: http://DoSiDough.etsy.com
Etsy Teams: natural kids team