Friday, November 26, 2010

Inspiring Christmas - Welcoming Santa

By time we finished decorating the house for Christmas it looked like a totally different place. First we'd start by taking all the ornaments and knick knacks off all the shelves and furniture. Then we'd redecorate with the many Christmas items my mother had saved up over the years.
 
Don't Forget The Cookies
  
Santa Claus, Father Christmas, St. Nick, items have always been very popular in my family. I love old fashioned images of Santa.
Vintage 1967 Annalee Santa Standup Doll by FarStarr

Board games are quite popular in my family. These days everyone is hooked on backgammon but as children my brother and I loved checkers.
Cowboy Santa Checkerboard by Mulberry Lane Folk Art

Not to be forgotten, each of the bedrooms in the house would get a few Christmas items as well. My mother's bed usually looks like a display bed in a department store with all her pillows and bedrolls and Christmas time was no exception.
Define Good / Santa Pillow by Chimera Custom Quilts

Thank you to FarStarr, Mulberry Lane Folk Art and Chimera Custom Quilts for helping to decorate the house for Christmas. Please check out these and all their other fabulous items in their Etsy shops.
 

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
- CoconutPalmDesigns

2 comments:

betty-NZ said...

Definitely love the pillow!!

LisaDay said...

Me, too. I am thinking that person may get coal for that cheek.

LisaDay