Monday, November 15, 2010

Inspiring Christmas - Just The Right Tree

Choosing just the right Christmas tree was always a family affair for us. We'd all pile into the car, including my grandparents, and head off to the tree lot. For some strange reason I only ever remember doing this after dark. Invariably my grandfather would pick out a really tall blue spruce. I don't remember what type we'd get but my brothers and I always had fun running around trying to decide on just the right tree.

Oh, Christmas Tree! Oh, Christmas Tree!

One year, we were invited up to a friend's place where we got to go out and cut our own tree. We headed out early before the mist had even been burned away by the rising sun.
Mist Valley ACEO by CoconutPalmDesigns (A little shameless self promotion.)
We walked through a Christmas tree forest just like this one.
Christmas Tree Forest Wood Plaque by A Lost Feather


Finally, we found it! Just the right tree! Once it was chosen I let other people deal with cutting it down while I went off and made snow angels.
Pine Tree Absorbent Tile Coasters by My Little Chickadee Creations


Thank you to A Lost Feather and My Little Chickadee Creations allowing me to feature your items to help illustrate my childhood search for just the right tree. Please check out these and all their other wonderful items in their Etsy shops.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!
- CoconutPalmDesigns

1 comment:

LisaDay said...

You should always do a little self-promotion. We're going Christmas tree hunting next week. Maybe there will be snow.

LisaDay