Saturday, July 5, 2008

Featured Artist: Cutiepie Company



1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

My name is Milly and I live in Manhattan with my sweet beagle, Hunter. My Etsy shop features screenprinted paper goods, and will soon also feature my photo prints and prints of my collages. I have been doing mixed media and photography for a long time, and am really excited to be able to offer it on Etsy in the near future! My boyfriend also has an Etsy shop, Corporan Glass.

2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?

I'm not sure I can remember the first thing I made by hand, because I was probably too young to remember! I know that I have been drawing and painting and scribbling since I could hold a crayon. The first thing I remember making that I absolutely loved was in school. It was a construction paper collage of a bird and nest. I have a vague mental image of it that has always stayed with me for some reason. I simply adored it.

3. What is your favourite thing in your shop and why?

My favorite thing in my shop right now is the Walking the Dog gocco print. The drawing of the little girl is based on myself as a young girl. And the beagle pictured is based on my beloved beagle. Call me nostalgic...

4. Who is your dream buyer? Brad Pitt, Queen Elizabeth.

That is an interesting question! I have been thinking about this one for a few days. I'm not sure, to be honest. Maybe Holly Becker of Decor8 blog? She's not really that famous, but I totally admire her and I love her blog!

5. What is the best homemade item you have ever bought?

I bought an awesome jellyfish screenprinted t-shirt in Brooklyn recently (at Artists and Fleas) from a sweet and very talented woman, whose website is Heartisans.com.

Etsy Shop: http://www.cutiepiecompany.etsy.com
Etsy Teams: Etsy Beagles, Loco for Gocco

No comments: