Friday, March 14, 2008

Featured Artist: wpooh87



1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

My name is Irisa. I am 21 yrs old. I live in Ohio. I am a stay at home mother of one infant son. I am married as well. I also have a love for photography. I am currently beginning my own studio. I will also be traveling to personal homes to take pictures for people. Professional portraits and such.

2. What is the first thing you can remember making by hand? How and why did you make it?

I was about 9 yrs old. I made a granny square blanket for my Barbie doll. It was a mess to say the least but it worked for me while I was playing...lol

3. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?

My mom was my inspiration to begin crocheting. Most of my ideas sprout from within. I take ideas from around my house, things that can be used in this new day and age. I make up my own stitches sometimes. Sometimes they work out sometimes not, but I have fun in the process.

4. Why should people buy handmade?

Handmade is best made. Most of the time handmade is more durable. Handmade items can usually never be found again so you basically get a custom item. No one can say they have the exact same thing as you do.

5. Creatively where do you think you'll be in five years?

Well, creatively speaking I believe my stitches and my patterns will evolve and improve to the max. As time presses on I will change into the business woman and photographer that I want to be.

Etsy Shop: http://wpooh87.etsy.com
Etsy Shop: http://irisasphotography.etsy.com
Blog: http://irisasbusinessjournal.blogspot.com

No comments: