Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Featured Artist: Bella Dio



Bella Dio {bel-uh dio} is Italian for "Beautiful God". My love for my Lord and Savior, is always in the forefront of what I do and I wanted that to be conveyed in my name.

I am a stay at home mom with 3 boys living in Indianapolis. Six years ago I began playing around with beading during a play date with friends. I started out just making jewelry for myself and then giving them as gifts. As more people took interest in my work I started taking it more seriously. A few years into crafting, buying beads and stringing them no longer thrilled me, so I decided to go to the next step and make my own beads. Thus began my work with polymer clay. Polymer Clay opened up different avenues for me as I was able to sell my designs in the antiques/tea room where I worked. I am never content for long and felt the need to branch out even more and added wirework to my designs. In between all of these ventures, a friend turned me on to Cafepress. I started to design t-shirts from drawings that I had done. Looking around, I wanted to express my faith to any generation so I made designs that had scriptures in them, but could be worn by anyone. Thank you so much for stopping by and looking through my shop.

I am a very proud member of the INcrowd Etsy Street Team.
The INcrowd is having a scavenger hunt! It is the yearly Wearin' o' the Green Basket o' Fun and will run from March 1 through March 15, 2008.

The prize will be a gift basket full of items generously donated by INcrowd members.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I do take custom orders. So, if you see a design that you like, but wished it came in a different color, just ask. Happy shopping.

Etsy Shop: http://BellaDio.etsy.com
Blog: http://belladio.blogspot.com
Cafepress: http://www.cafepress.com/belladio

No comments: