Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Featured Artist: 1337art



Jewelry, Collage, & More

1. Tell me a bit about yourself (name, location, affiliations, personal stuff).

Christina Moore. Gig Harbor, Washington. I've been making jewelry for a couple of years, and I've been making collages in some form or another since high school. Art is a wonderful thing to be apart of, and I hope to one day be able to run (CM Designs dba) 1337art as my main and only job. I have so many notebooks and loose pages full of ideas and designs I want to produce.

2. What inspires you? Where do your ideas come from?

Colors, shapes, textures, music, and just about anything. Sometimes I sit down with supplies everywhere and pick up a couple things that I like and find a way to incorporate them together.

3. What is your favourite thing in your shop and why?

My Gambler's Bracelet. My fiance inspired me to make it for his work's Christmas Party last year. He looked me in the eyes and said he really liked it.

4. If you had a client who had unlimited money, what would you create for him and why?

I would create anything (to the best of my abilities) that his heart desired. I would definitely make it something both personal and truly one of a kind.

5. Why should people buy handmade?

Because you can't find something at a department store that was handcrafted by someone's own two hands with love and pride.

Etsy Shop: http://1337art.etsy.com
Blog: http://elite-art.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Green Subjective said...

This looks wonderful! Thank you so much!